Thursday, October 25, 2012

Glass Act: MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj Lipglass!

Hey, everyone!

So, if you've read the past few posts (or seen my latest video), you'll know I'm a big fan of MAC's Viva Glam program simply because it is a great example of a cosmetics company taking the initiative to give back. 100% of the sales price of any product in the Viva Glam range (lipsticks, lipglasses, and the Ricky Martin lip conditioner), go to AIDS research, treatment, and prevention. I'm also a big fan of the Viva Glam Nicki lipstick, and when I heard MAC was releasing a matching lipglass, I rushed right over!




The Viva Glam Nicki Lipglass is very similar in color to the lipstick, just a bit more sheer. The lipstick was not necessarily everyone's cup of tea (it is quite bright), but this lipglass is a lot more wearable!

I have minor problems with this lipglass going on a bit uneven, but it was nothing too noticeable or distracting. All MAC lip products have a slight vanilla scent, but no taste :) I've heard other bloggers say that lipglasses are generally tacky, but I could not find anything to complain about with this lipglass.
I've found this lipglass also looks fantastic layered over the original Viva Glam Nicki lipstick, as it gives it a smooth shine and extra pump of color!

If this is your first time buying a Viva Glam product and you're not quite sure Viva Glam Nicki is your kind of shade, I urge you to read Temptalia's post on this particular product. She does an amazing job of explaining that there are other shade options that will still benefit AIDS research, and that you don't have to be a MAC or Nicki Minaj fan to appreciate what a great gesture this is.

Do you like the Viva Glam line?
xoxo Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment