Monday, September 9, 2013

Geek Chic Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadows: Swatches and Review!

Hey guys! 

I'm a bit late blogging this, but my wonderful boyfriend got me some stuff from Geek Chic Cosmetics for my birthday, and I'm reviewing the two pigments now! The one on the left is called "Non-Euclidean" and the one on the right is "Bigger On The Inside". All of the products in the Geek Chic line are completely vegan, some are gluten free, and all of them are cruelty free. They're also part of several different collections that have themes of different video games, movies, and tv shows. I honestly have no idea what Non-Eucledian is supposed to be a reference to, so if you know, write it in a comment! Bigger On The Inside is part of the Timey Wimey Collection, based on (of course) Doctor Who! There are also collections based on TMNT, The Princess Bride, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Supernatural, Legend of Zelda, and several others whose reference I do not understand ;)


Just as an fyi, "Non-Euclidean" came as a sample, so I just stuck it in a MAC sample jar. Let's get started!


Bigger On The Inside is a bright turquoise blue with gold shimmer and gold glitter in it. This is an extremely pigmented shade, and it had a bit of staining after I removed it. Now, you won't get the glitter to show up on the lid unless you foil the pigment. Applied dry, the only color you'll get is blue.


Non-Euclidean is a very complex glitter. It's got a charcoal base and multicolored glitter. The dimensions in this really come out when you foil the eyeshadow, otherwise it just looks like a shimmery eyeshadow.


You can see in the swatches below that the glitter isn't closely bonded to the eyeshadow, so it is key that they be dampened or mixed with some other liquid. I typically use water, but something like MAC's Fix+ or elf's Makeup Lock and Seal (which I used in my last blog post), would work the best. 


What do you guys think? I'm very fond of Geek Chic, given that they're a smaller company that targets a very specific demographic! I finally got to see my fandoms mix with my passion for makeup artistry! Do you guys own any products from Geek Chic? Anything you'd like to see me review?

xoxo
Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment