Thursday, August 29, 2013

FOTD Pictorial:




Hey, guys!

Today I'm going to try something a little bit different. This is going to be a pictorial! I had a lot of fun doing this and I've already got a couple more planned, so look out for them! I like this format better because it's faster for me to do and it helps see the process of the makeup look more clearly. Once school starts back up, this is the format that will be more doable, so I hope you guys like it! (P.S., my cray eyebrows are in the process of growing back in... hence, the stragglers.)

To achieve this look, I used the Too Faced Pretty Rebel Palette, a Geek Chic pigment (review coming up soon!), and the NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Carpates. 


You always want to start off with a primed eye. I used the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, and applied Ringleader all over the lid and on the inner tear duct.



Normally, I'd apply mascara at the end, but I just did two thin coats before and after the look :)


Next, I took a flat shader brush and Girly, and applied it at an angle (see below) and into the crease.



I blended Girly into Ringleader all the way to the middle of the lid to get the gradient you see in the pictures. Next, I took a matte gray brown (Naked 2 from the Naked Basics palette) and blended the edges of Girly enough to fade it but not enough to lose the outline I created.


When you're done blending, the shape will look a little like this:



Next I took a couple of drops of e.l.f.'s Makeup Lock and Seal and Geek Chic's Non-Euclidean pigment and mixed them with a tapered dome brush.


I applied the pigment in the same shape as Girly, only a little closer to the actual lid. Think of it as a smaller replica of the shape you made before.



Now, here's the tricky part. This makeup seal sets very quickly and very definitely, which means you have to work quickly and efficiently. I recommend doing one eye at a time. I took a clean blending brush and began to blend out the edges of the pigment. Once that was a bit blended, I took Girly on that same blending brush and ran it over the edges of the pigment.





Next, I took Dainty on a fluffy brush and used it to highlight my browbone. Since the rest of the look is very gleaming and shimmery, using a matte highlight really keeps the focus on the look instead of overwhelming it with shimmer.


Lastly, I lined my eyes with the NARS Eyeliner Stylo in Carpates. I did a medium line and winged it out, then I smoked it out a bit using that same Geek Chic pigment.





And that's pretty much it! :) I hope you guys enjoyed it and let me know if you'd like to see more of these! Here is the completed look!



xoxo Fanii



No comments:

Post a Comment