Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: Review and Swatches!

Hey guys! :)

Today I'm sharing one of my most used products! I went for the longest time convinced that I did not need this palette, because the shadows appeared to be too light for my skintone and the majority of mattes honestly kind of turned me off to the whole thing. However, after stealing my mom's for about two weeks straight, I had to face the facts. 

I needed this in my life.



As you all probably know, Naked Basics has five matte shadows and one satin eyeshadow. Out of these, I'm pretty sure only two of these have been seen before. Foxy appears in the NAKED2 palette, and W.O.S. (Walk of Shame) was part of Urban Decay's Build Your Own palette for a while. (not sure if it still is....


Whoo!

Venus: is a light, frosted off white. it's great for highlighting, and I haven't found it to be too light for my medium skin. I'm not sure how it would show up on deeper skintones, though...

Foxy: I didn't mind having a duplicate of this one (I've hit pan on the one in my Naked2 palette), because it is the perfect browbone highlight for me. It's a matte vanilla with an amazing buttery texture.

W.O.S.: This is the cooler-toned counterpart to Foxy. If you find that Foxy is too yellow on your skin, W.O.S. will suit you much better. I use this both as a browbone highlight and as an all over the lid shade for a low maintenance matte look.

Naked2: is a lifesaver. I cannot tell you how many harsh edges this little guy has blended into oblivion. It is the perfect crease color for me, and I can see it working well as both a brow color and a lid color, depending on your skintone.

Faint: I use this A LOT on my crease when I want a darker smoky eye that is still daytime friendly. I love stepping out in crazy looks as much as the next girl, but for those days when I'm craving softer looks, this shadow is the one I grab. It's a warm medium brown with awesome pigmentation.

Crave: is a matte, black brown. Honestly, the brown is barely noticeable. I use this in combination with Faint to fill in my brows, and I use it as a liner shade as well. The pigmentation of this is so good that all I need to darken up my crease us a slight tap of the brush in the pan.


What do you guys think? Too basic? Or absolutely essential?
xoxo Fanii

2 comments:

  1. I tend to wear mostly shimmery shadows so this one is a bit too basic for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely know what you mean! I love my shimmers too!

      Delete