Oh dear. It's happened. MAC has released the new Viva Glam lipstick and lipglass for 2014, and the face of Viva Glam this year is Rihanna! Given the success of all the Rihanna-centered collections over the last few months, it really comes as no surprise that they chose her to represent Viva Glam. Honestly, it seems like a very smart and charitable decision. People buy Rihanna stuff so readily, and this is a cause that really serves a purpose.
100% of the sales price of these products ($15 USD for the lipstick, $16 USD for the lipglass) goes to the MAC AIDS fund, which helps adults and children living with HIV and AIDS. Straight from MAC's website, here's what one Viva Glam product can do:
- Provide more than two weeks' worth of nutritious food to a person living with HIV/AIDS in Los Angeles County
- Feed one resident three homemade meals and snacks for one week; provide one resident with a clean, safe place to sleep for two nights.
- Serve two home-delivered meals or two meals at a dining center.
- Provide one bag of food (equaling nine meals) from a food pantry.
- Purchase one month's worth of supplemental food for a low-income person living with HIV/AIDS in Portland, Oregon.
- Provide at least 45 minutes of lifesaving HIV prevention skills, building training to groups of 20-75 women and girls.
- Provide 80 pounds of nutritious food to be distributed through a food pantry program
- Provide a six-month supply of Omega 3 fish oil to help decrease inflammation caused by the immune system's battle against the HIV virus.
- Fund one day's housing with supportive services for a homeless person
- Provide five hours of G.E.D. preparation for an individual person.
The list goes on and on and on :) I love this program, because MAC is honestly passionate about giving as much as possible to those who need it the most. If you'd like to learn more about the MAC AIDS Fund, you can visit their website.