Sunday, August 24, 2014

MAC A Novel Romance Collection: Haul and Swatches!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

So today you get to hear about my very unique experience being both a makeup addict and a working girl. I spent most of yesterday afternoon calling all the different MAC counters in my city, asking if they would hold the two measly products I wanted from the new collection. Over and over again they said no, and I actually got kinda scared. I started thinking to myself. If I am unable to get my hands on these products, I shall be very put out.

Eh. Maybe not. But still.

People hoard MAC LE lipsticks like they're rare artifacts (and then sell them on eBay for $40, but I digress), and I was scared that I wouldn't get my hands on the two things I really wanted. I decided to phone in my order, so I set my alarm at work for 10 am and dialed faster than those nasty people over-order LE MAC lipsticks.

Needless to say, those babies are now mine.





As I'm sure you've seen by now, this collection is centered around romance novels. You know, the little paperbacks that are on display at the supermarket with the Fabio-type men and the Penelope Cruz-type women with flowing hair and low cut dresses.
Well, seeing as I think those types of book are about as much literature as Fifty Shades of Grey, I found myself thinking about The Princess Bride while I looked at this collection. It's soft, romantic, and a little sexy.

There are six lipsticks in total (SIX FINGERED MAN? WHERE??), with one (Yield to Love) being an online exclusive. This collection also features five new, limited edition lipglasses in a variety of shades. The rest of the collection also includes three eyeshadow quads, new fluidline eyeliners, a range of electric cool eyeshadows, two blushes, and nail polishes. I only had my eye on an eyeshadow quad and a lipstick, and that is what you will see!

First up is the earthy quad, An Amorous Adventure. Like the type of adventure that sets your dress on fire and gets your man mauled by an R.O.U.S. (Rodent of unusual size) in the Fire Swamp. Luckily, I survived the dreaded swamp and got this even though it has two permanent shades and one repromote. I've always had Sable and Black Tied on my list, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to pick them up!



Sable (like the one I'm sure the jerk Humperdink wears...) is a warm bronze brown with a hint of plum in it. It's soft and pigmented.

Sex and the Oyster (freshly caught at the base of.... THE CLIFFS OF INSANITY!!) is the shade I wanted most in this palette. It's a teal gray with a Veluxe Pearl finish (my FAVORITE). It's so unique and very fall-ish.

Brawn (Fezzik! Knock down the door!) is another shade I was super excited about. It's a cool, soft brown with a slight sheen to it. I can just see myself wearing it by itself in a very hazy, romantic look.

Black Tied (The Dread Pirate Roberts!... Or was it Ryan...?) is one of those classic shades I've never gotten around to trying. What I like about this is that the silver sparkle actually stays with the black shadow; it doesn't just disappear when you touch the shadow.



I think this quad is perfect for fall and those hazy, sultry smoky eyes that are so popular around fall and winter. Sex and the Oyster is a particularly unique color, because it's neither gray nor green nor teal. I'm totally sold :)

I only picked up one lipstick from the collection, and that was Lingering Kiss, a deep plum red. I got this because I'm a total sucker for vampy lip shades and because the thought of pairing it with a hazy look using Brawn and Black Tied gave me chills. Literally (You keep using that word... I do not think it means what you think it means). I have a problem.

Lingering Kiss (ugh. Is this a kissing book?)


I mean come ON. Isn't that GORGEOUS? I feel like this is the Khloe Kardashian lip color everyone was going crazy about several months ago. I love this color because it's SO chic with just lashes and perfected, dewy skin.


Awkward selfie time!



What do you guys think? Does this collection make you want to run off with the farm boy? After he fetches you that pitcher of course. Sidenote: A Princess Bride collection would be amazing and I should get credit for coming up with it. That is all.

Fanii

2 comments:

  1. That lipstick on you, wow! Such a great color on you especially for the fall and holiday season coming up!
    I loved this collection! I ended up getting Myself lipstick, Talk Sexy lipglass, Bared for you Lipglass, Gilded Thrill and Coil Electric Cool eyeshadows. The only I was like eh about was the Bared for you. A bit of a let down but overall, beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! How are you liking the Electric Cool eyeshadows? I was so curious about those!

      Delete