Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sephora Haul and Swatches: OCC Unknown Pleasures Fall 2014 Collection!

Sooooo.....

It turns out that I was bad this month. Really bad. In fact, I ended up signing up for three deliveries from Sephora, which I don't even want to talk about :P

The first two are very OCC heavy, and I'll go ahead and review the stuff I got here :)


This haul was initially motivated by the fact that I was completely out of concealer and wasn't totally sold on any choices, so I decided to venture out of my comfort zone and try something new. I saw Temptalia's glowing review of the OCC Skin Conceal concealers, and after hours of staring at her swatches, I ordered Y2 (medium yellow undertones) and R1 (light pink undertones) for my blemished and undereye circles.

I should mention that these concealers run about $20 for .28 oz, but they are far more pigmented than any other concealer I've tried. Just for reference, I've found that the average size for a concealer is usually between .25 and .3 oz.

Left, R1. Right, Y2
These concealers are SUPER creamy and pigmented, and I didn't experience fading in over eight hours. Y2 is a little dark for me (I'm an NC25), but it seems to blend really well with my skin. The only problem is I can't use it under my eyes, as that seems to highlight the tiny bit darker it is than my actual skin. R1 is a lot pinker than I could get it to show up, so it works perfectly as an undereye concealer because it cancels out the darkness I tend to get. Overall, I'm very impressed with these concealers and will keep testing them out.

Next up, I picked out an OCC Loose Colour Concentrate in the shade Jubilee. I've been lusting after Sugarpill's Lumi pigment for ages, and since this seemed similar (and pushed me over $50 for free shipping), I decided to give it a try.


I can't even begin to tell you how freaking BEAUTIFUL this thing is. In the pot, it looks like a baby blue pigment, but once you swatch it, it turns into a gorgeous minty green with gold shift in it. It's absolutely wonderful and I'm so so so SO glad I took a chance on it. I'll definitely be buying more in the future! I did my best to capture the duochrome in this!

"Jubilee" in direct sunlight
"Jubilee" in natural light
Last up are three lip tars from the new and permanent Fall 2014 Unknown Pleasures Collection. This features six new and permanent shades, and I have three to show you. I picked up Technopagan, Covet, and Vain.

Left to right: Covet, Technopagan, Vain
Left to Right: Technopagan, Covet, Vain

Let me just preface this by saying I firmly believe blue is the new red. I feel absolutely badass in these colors, and I hope you enjoy seeing them!

Technopagan is a vibrant, royal blue with purple undertones and violet shimmer running through it. It's very striking and metallic, and applies evenly. This shade lasted through a meal and a workout (with lots of water drinking), which is amazing to me. The only thing to note is that it's a lot thicker than lip tars usually are. It comes out with the texture of almost a paste, but smooths on nicely. It's comfortable to wear, I just thought I'd mention that little difference.


As you can see, it can be a little tough to get the edges smooth with this texture of lip tar, but it's certainly not impossible. This shade will stain your lips a purple, berry color, but only slightly. You also run the risk of feeling totally sexy and badass.
See?

Next up is Covet. This is the more "wearable" of the three (quotation marks because if you wear it, it's by definition "wearable", but I digress), and it is a muted light brown with serious yellow undertones. To me, it's the color of leather or a camel. It's got a mustard quality to it that I absolutely love. It's exactly the color I was hoping it would be. 


I'm in love. I think this color is so chic for fall. It WILL become my everyday lip color. 

Lastly, I picked up Vain, a deep, peacock teal. This shade is thinner in consistency than the other two (Covet is no different than any other lip tar I've tried), but it is still intensely pigmented. This shade is a little weird to me, but I love it so far! The only downside to it is that it seriously stains your lips; it leaves behind a sickly green tinge, so I wouldn't recommend wearing it if you need to take it off and be somewhere quickly. Or I suggest you pack an opaque Plan B lipstick.


So there you have it! My OCC haul/Unusual lip color haul!

What do you think? Will you be jumping on the blue lipstick trend, or are you Team Red Lips all the way?

xoxo Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment