Wednesday, August 6, 2014

July Favorites :) MAC, Bobbi Brown, Drugstore, and more!

Hey guys!

So July suddenly became August, which for me brought a lot of new opportunities as far as my career and relationships are concerned :) I hope this summer has been as good to you as it was to me! This post will be a quick overview of the products that got me through hot summer days and cool nights :)

Here stands Phoebe, the goddess of makeup. She has blessed this month's offerings.
 As you can probably tell, my favorites are a bit MAC-heavy but do include some drugstore classics. The age is also all over the place, seeing as some products are brand-spankin' new and others I've had for almost a year now :)




I'll start with the lip combination that has been all over mah lips this month. July was jam-packed with job interviews (thank God), so I quickly conjured up a lip combination that was easy, dressy, and subtle. I love my makeup, but seeing as the job I landed is in a hospital (eep!), my look will have to be pretty understated.

The combination I ended up with was Stripdown liner, Velvet Teddy lipstick, and Viva Glam Nicki 2 lipglass. I know. WHAT? Yeah.




I seems like a very unlikely combination, but Stripdown and Velvet Teddy give  me that 90's matte brown lip that everyone's been obsessing over (myself included). When I want to add some more glam to it, I'll top it off with the Nicki Minaj lipglass. Even though that lipgloss is pretty weird-looking on its own, it helps tone down the nude lip look and adds some creaminess to it.

As you can see, the Nicki Minaj lipglass has already started to tint beige... oops!
Next up are some face products, starting with the blush that hasn't left my cheeks since it released. This is MAC's Extra Dimension blush in Seduced At Sea, from their Alluring Aquatic collection. It's a gorgeous bronzed peach color, and it does have a hint of pink in it. I just find that this goes well with almost any eye look, and it pairs especially well with my next favorite.


Ah... What's in a name? That which we call a shimmer brick by any other name would glow as bright...

Wait, that's not how it goes? Oh well... It is now. This is the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick compact in Apricot, a limited edition shade for the summer. I got this on recommendation from several followers on Instagram, as well as Cassie Holmes and Amanda Ensing (they're highlighter oracles).

This is a glowy peach highlighter with a LOT of gold in it. Like, if you don't like gold, you might want to wear a HAZMAT suit when near this baby. It's absolutely beautiful. I will admit I treated it like a porcelain doll when I first got it, after seeing Lauren Curtis's compact completely fall out of it's case (I know, I panicked too). I was so worried mine would shatter like that, but so far, it's been totally fine!


Last, I kind of threw this one in randomly. I do love my ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown, but when I'm running late and it's hot outside, I've been loving the e.l.f. Brow Kit in Medium. More specifically, I've been loving the tinted wax. It fills in my brows nicely while holding them in place. Love!


Left to right: e.l.f. wax and powder, Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in Apricot, MAC blush in Seduced at Sea
For my "foundation", I've been loving the not-so-new Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. This claims to have Acne treatment properties in it, but I don't really think it's done anything to minimize breakouts on me. I do love the light coverage it has, which is actually coverage. I was so done with the drugstore bb creams that just disappeared on your skin and left a greasy film behind. This one actually covers stuff up, but looks natural.


The eyeshadow palette that's come out to play no matter what this summer has been the Lorac Pro Palette 2. I used this to do makeup on six different women for an anniversary party and was able to create all unique, fun looks. This palette is really awesome.


Here are some of the shades I've been loving this month. From left to right, Plum, Rosé, Nectar, Navy, Chrome, and Cool Gray.


Finally we have the eye products...ish. I've got my beloved ABH Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown (which I've had since last November), and my new favorite gel liner, the Inglot gel liner in 77. Along with it, I included my favorite brush for the liner, which is the MAC 210 brush. It's crazy thin and precise, and super easy to control.






Left: Inglot gel liner in 77. Right: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown
There you go! Those are my favorite products from the last month! What are yours?

xoxo Fanii



No comments:

Post a Comment