Thursday, April 3, 2014

Looks of the Day: Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Hey, guys!

A couple of posts ago, Lauren asked me to do a couple of looks to demonstrate the versatility of the Smashbox Full Exposure palette that I picked up during my birthday week. I came up with three looks for you all. One for every day wear, neutral enough for even beginners to master, one simply smoky eye for those who are more daring or are going out, and one for those who are comfortable wearing a little more glam on an everyday basis.

I'm starting with a look that can be vamped up after school or work to become a night look. I'm priming with MAC's Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.




 I'm applying the middle shade in the top row, the shimmer shade, all over the lid. This is the shade with no glitter in it, just a soft sheen.


Next I'm taking the third matte on the bottom row, M3, to blend out the edges of the shimmer shade.




Next, I took the darkest brown in the palette (M1) on a flat shader brush and patted it on the very outside of my eyelid. It's going to look splotchy, but we shall soon blend it :)




Then I took those two matte shades and ran them along the bottom lashline.



I finished it up with a couple of coats of the Calvin Klein One Mascara (LOVE this stuff!)


There ya go! I love this look for something quick, pretty, and easy for things like school, the gym (don't judge), or running errands around! :)


Next I'm going to show you how to take that simple look and turn it into a night-time look! This is perfect if you only have a few minutes and have somewhere to be!

First, I applied Too Faced's Glitter Glue to the main part of my lid.



Then I applied the taupe glitter shade (LOVE), S5, over that glitter glue and blended it with S3


Next, I took some of the black in the palette, M7, on the outside corner and blended it with M3.

I popped some of that black on the outside corner of the lashline, and that's it for eyeshadow!




Finish off with some liquid liner, and you're good to go for the night!




For the last look, I'm going to show you a very easy way to wear the glittery shades in this palette! They can be intimidating at first, but with the right base, these shades are so pretty on the eyes!
I started by blending M3 into the crease. This will help blend darker colors later on.


I took the dark brown in the palette (M1) and mixed it with the dark taupe (M6), and patted that on the outside of the lid. When applying the glitter shades, I like to have my crease colors done so that the glitter doesn't get rubbed off later on.


Blend! Use the Glitter Glue from before to make sure the glitter stays where it's supposed to! If you're not comfortable handling glitter shades on a brush, patting it on with your fingers will work just fine!


The shade is still glittery, but this look as a whole is very neutral and wearable. The perfect way to incorporate a little glam into your daily makeup! Add a little liner (I can never resist), and you're done!







Here's my "Oops I'm wearing two different eye looks" face!


Daytime....


Nighttime!


I really hope this was helpful to you guys! Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see!

xoxo Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment