Sunday, January 19, 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade in Dark Brown: Swatches and Demo!

Hey, guys!

I know. It's happened. If you go on Instagram and follow any makeup artists at all, you will have seen this baby enough times to make you wanna throw your phone into the ocean. Anastasia Beverly Hills (the unofficial queen of brows in the makeup world) released a new brow product. 

You don't just ignore this stuff.

The new Dipbrow Pomade comes in five different shades: Blonde, Auburn, Chocolate, Dark Brown, and Ebony. I picked the shade Dark Brown because although it is nearly identical to Chocolate, it is cooler in tone and matched my hair and brows better.


As you can see, this product is huge for what it is. It has just a little bit less product than a MAC paint pot, and its use is less frequent/extensive. Meaning you get the same amount of product for something that doesn't require a lot of product for application.


Excuse the messy pot. I've had this for a while now and have been using it daily!


 Here's a heavy swatch of the product. As you can see, it is VERY pigmented. It's also extremely creamy, and completely smudge and water proof! That alone was a huge selling point for me.


 Now, here's how I use mine. I'm using a cheapie brush from HEB, so you know you can use literally anything for this ;)


I start by defining the bottom edge of my brow. This helps give the brow shape and include any bare spaces.


Then I drag the brush up along that line I drew. This will preserve the edge, but blend color upwards to fill in the brow.


Please excuse the blurry pictures. Autofocus is a b****. Next I line up the brush to the beginning of my brow. I do this with the longer side of the angled brush downward, to mimc that same angle in my brow.


From there, I just define the top edge a bit and fill in sparse spots.


If I'm feeling dramatic, I will carefully extend the brow a bit. That little tail at the end is drawn on, basically, but it blends in with my brow for the most part. I only do this if the makeup I'm wearing needs a strong brow, but I love it when I do!


What do you guys think? Do you have this? What do you use for your brows?
xoxo Fanii

2 comments:

  1. I don't mind seeing this because I haven't read many reviews yet, just seen pics! This was really helpful to get a feel for the color so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it helps! :) The online swatches seem to be weird, so I know what you mean haha

      Delete