Sunday, October 23, 2011

Product Review: BUXOM Lash Mascara

 Hi, everyone!!!

I've got a product review for you guys!  Remember that Bare Minerals kit I picked up about a week ago? I had mentioned that it came with a full-sized BUXOM Lash Mascara, which gets a lot of hype, so I've been using it this past week in order to be able to give you guys a fair review of it.

My lashes in particularly flattering light ;)


I really like this mascara! It's a great all-in-one mascara. It lengthens, volumizes, separates, and darkens lashes. It's also very buildable, so you can go from day to night just by adding a couple of coats of mascara, and you won't get clumpy. It also has great pigmentation... One coat is enough to make your lashes look blacker and thicker!

The packaging is quite nice
I tried to get a close up of the brush... Can you see it??

The brush has a slight hourglass shape, and has a slightly fatter end that I think is great for reaching corner lashes as well as lower lashes! It has plenty of well-spread out bristles, which helps separate your lashes and coat every lash.


A close-up :) 
This mascara is great because it's not waterproof (which I only use when I absolutely HAVE TO), but it does not flake, smudge, or melt off... Come to think of it, I've been wearing it in 90 degree weather, and it has not smudged at all! I haven't tested it in higher temperatures, but I have a feeling it would hold up pretty well! Although it's not waterproof, it comes off very easily when I wash my face. I always use makeup remover before I wash my face, and this mascara slides right off. (I hate having to scrub at my eyes to get mascara off...)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a really good mascara. Love that it doesn't flake or smudge despite not being waterproof. I bought a Sephora lash box a while ago and I wonder if this mascara came in the kit. None the less it's on my radar to try now. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been almost a year and I still vouch for this mascara! My all-time favorite is Benefit's They're Real!, but BUXOM Lash is a very close second! :)

    ReplyDelete