Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation

Hi everyone!

I'll admit, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to MAC products, having been introduced to them (and convinced to splurge on them) only recently. I will eventually talk about my favorite MAC products, but for now I want to rave about my most recent acquisition!!

MAC's Pro Sculpt Foundation is a medium coverage, liquid foundation with a natural finish. I say medium coverage, and I mean it. Most foundations I've tried before that claim to be medium coverage are actually more on the sheer, buildable side, but not this one. The smallest amount of this foundation will give you medium coverage (i.e., take care of any minor blemishes, discoloration, scars, or redness) as well as a fresh, natural look.
I've been loving this foundation recently! I am the shade NC25, and it covers without requiring two or three layers of makeup, and it really does end up looking quite flawless.

(SPF 15, as well?!? I think so.)



Considering I have only ever used around 3 different foundations, you could say I am a bit of a foundation snob! If it smells funny at all, feels even the slightest bit cakey, is in weird packaging, or anything like that, I'll turn my nose up and walk away. When I was at the MAC counter, I made the makeup artist do my makeup twice, simply because I didn't like the first foundation we tried (MAC's Matchmaster...) I took a very uncharacteristic plunge and got this foundation, even though it does have a slight scent (apparent during application, but undetectable after that) and is more of a lotion than a liquid consistency, and I am so glad I did! I get all the coverage I need without looking like I piled on a ton of product.




MAC's Studio Sculpt Foundation retails for around $30, and is available at your local MAC counter, as well as online.

No comments:

Post a Comment