Friday, March 14, 2014

Top Spring Lip Products: Drugstore!

Hey, guys!

I don't know about y'all, but Texas has been having some pretty ugly weather lately. I swear last week felt like spring and then it snowed and hailed and now we're in some sort of foggy nastiness. With that in mind, I decided to do a post on my favorite spring lip colors! What better way to cheer up than with cheerful lip colors? I was originally going to make this a drugstore edition (it still kind of is), but I decided to throw in MAC's new Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick because it benefits charity!



First up is a lipstick from the Kate Moss line at Rimmel London. This is the shade 101. It's a lovely matte pink with slight blue undertones and it looks so sweet on the lips! I love pairing this with On The Scene Cremesheen glass from MAC and it's the perfect nudish pink lip for me! This lipstick retails for around $5.


Next up is a fun color! This is Wet 'n Wild's Dollhouse Pink. It's a super intense barbie pink lipstick with a semi matte finish. If you layer this on too thick it can show lines when you press your lips together, but the color is just so cool! This lipstick retails for $1.99.


This next one is from NYX's Matte lipstick line, called "Costa Chic". The texture is amazing, because the lipstick itself is smooth and pigmented. However, the lipstick is kind of milky, and applies a bit unevenly. I suspect this would be problematic for deeper skintones. This lipstick, if I remember correctly, is around $5.


If we can excuse the lousy focus on this picture, this is one of my favorite summer and spring colors. This is #110 in the Kate Moss line of Matte lipsticks for Rimmel (ya know, the ones with the red packaging). My first comment is that this lipstick is not necessarily matte. It's more of a satin finish. The color is a bright, almost neon coral

If you'll excuse the messy application, this is Rimmel's Apocalips (I'm ignoring their stupid American name because it's stupid) in the shade Stellar. It's a bright, neon coral red. It's a semi matte finish (this is freshly applied). It's a super pigmented, smooth liquid lipstick formula. I think this retails for around $5, depending on where you buy it.


Next up is MAC's Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick. It's a bright blue red with a shimmery finish. It's smooth, but the frost is definitely noticeable. Just something to keep in mind if you don't like frosty lipsticks.


So there you go! Some budget friendly bright lip colors to help liven up your spring makeup!

What are your favorite spring lip colors?














1 comment: