Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Project Pan Update: 1 1/2 Months!

Hey, guys!

So here we are. It's almost two months since I started my Project Pan/No-Buy, and it hasn't been easy. I did finish some full sized products and some samples, and I took advantage of the opportunity to get rid of products that just weren't working for me.


As you can see, I have some products that I actually use up as well as deluxe samples that I had gotten along with previous orders.


The first sample I finished this past couple of months is the Urban Decay b6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray. Now, I have mixed feelings about this one, because I can't say I particularly liked it, but here it is, on my empties list. The claims for this spray are a bit much, I think, seeing as I didn't notice a difference in pore size or oiliness throughout the day. 
While the claims didn't come true for me, I did notice this spray invigorated my skin prior to applying my makeup, and it made it feel smoother on my skin. Whatever this has in it, it doesn't do what it's supposed to, but it does enough to make me consider buying the full size of it!


Ah, you can tell this one was well-loved. This is the sample size LORAC Behind The Scenes eyeshadow primer that came with my Unzipped palette (which I bought back in July). I barely got around to finishing it, and I must say that after using primers from Too Faced, Urban Decay, and LORAC, I have no preference. They all perform the same on my eyelids, so I think I'll be buying the full size of whichever has the best unit price.


WOW this looks dark. Let me tell you a story. This bottle actually represents two foundations I've finished. The original is the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, which I loved. It is lightweight and buildable, with a lovely dewy finish. After I finished that, I filled the bottle with L'Oreal's Tru Match liquid foundation (which came in a bottle with no pump), and promptly finished that. The two are very similar, but Bobbi Brown's foundation was a better match for my skintone.


Ah! This thing is wonderful. This is the Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara, and it retails for $3. Yes, you heard right. An amazing mascara for three dollars. Is there anything more to say? Go get it. Now.


Holy grail product alert! This concealer is really a special one. It's the only thing I've found that doesn't crease under my eyes, and it actually covers up the scarring on my cheek. However, this oxidizes in the tube. As you can see, it looks closer to an NC 40 in the tube than the NC 30 it is. I just repurchased this and the new bottle looks a lot lighter than this one. I have no idea how this happens, but it seems to!


 Top useless product of the empties journey! Rimmel Pro Primer. This thing did absolutely nothing for my face. I could even argue that it made me more oily throughout the day. It just did absolutely nothing. It was pointless goo on my face. 0/10 Do not recommend.


 Oh, boy do I have a problem with this foundation. If you haven't used it before, I've heard that it's a dupe for the Giorgio Armani Silk foundation. What that means is it's a liquid to powder formula. How does that work, you might ask. Well, I'll tell ya. It has a ton of alcohol in it, which evaporates after you rub it into your face. It smells like alcohol, and it burns like alcohol. I can see this being the worst nightmare of someone with sensitive skin. I made the mistake of putting this on with a scratch on my cheek, and it BURNED.

As for how it performs, I had a love-hate relationship with this foundation. It looked amazing in softly lit places, like a dark restaurant or my bathroom, but it looked very unflattering in daylight. It was not kind to my dry skin and actually made me really oily in my T-zone even when set with powder.


 Ugh. I just threw up a little bit. I hated this thing. First of all, it's thick as can be. It comes out in the consistency of something like a hand cream, and yet covers nothing. It's almost sheer but it feels heavier than my heaviest foundation. This is one of those foundations that you're painfully aware you're wearing. It felt heavy, greasy, and oily the entire day. I hate this thing with a passion. I ended up dumping the last bit of it out. I just couldn't do that to my skin.


Now, this powder was amazing. It's not my favorite powder, but it is definitely the best powder I've ever tried from the drugstore. It had some pigment to it, which oxidized on me throughout the day, but it was so finely milled that I used it all up!


 This baby is amazing. This is hands down the best liquid eyeliner I've ever tried. And to think I picked it up on a whim! It has a brush tip, but it's a pen style liner. It just bends so wonderfully and it makes it so easy to get really fine wings on your eyeliner. Ugh. I'm in love. I miss you boo.

So there you have it. Those are the products I finished this month, and some of them have been replaced! I will be doing blog posts on that in the future so keep an eye on that!

xoxo
Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment