Monday, November 12, 2012

Lip du Jour: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo

Hi, guys!

Today's lip shade is a cult favorite: NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo. NYX's lip creams are supposed to be opaque, matte, and (obviously) soft. Monte Carlo is a bright pink red.





I have to say that NYX really surprised me with this product. I haven't felt anything like it, and that's taking YSL's Glossy Stains into account (which are the most unique lip products on the market). The texture of these matte lip creams is extremely thin and dry in the sense that you cannot feel anything wet going on your lips!

Note: The fact that it goes on semi-dry DOES NOT MEAN it is DRYING. What I mean by "dry" is that the lip cream itself does not feel as wet as a regular lip gloss, and goes on the lips as such. The formula of the lip cream itself is very normal, neither noticeably moisturizing nor noticeably drying.


I would say this lip cream is semi-opaque. It can trick you into thinking you're getting an opaque layer of color, but often times it'll look just the slightest bit sheer. The color itself is fantastic for a drugstore product, and I'm sure it is a suitable alternative to high-end red shades.

The wear of this is also great, although I find that my lips often need a bit of balm after wearing this for a few hours.

Do you like these lip creams?
xoxo Fanii

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried that brand before, I would love to hear about future reviews after your've used it for a while

    http://theworkette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete