Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cargo Swimmables Waterproof Eyeliners: Swatch and Review!

Hi, everyone!

I wanted to share a few products that were my go-to products last summer, when I needed an arsenal of waterproof makeup to take with me on vacation. I had seen the Cargo waterproof eyeliners in an Ulta newsletter, and I hunted this little combo pack for a week until I found it!




These came in a mini size, and in four colors: gold, teal, royal blue, and deep purple. These eyeliners are great in consistency; they glide on with little to no effort and deliver good color payoff. The gold and teal eyeliners are the most pigmented, followed by the royal blue and then by the sheerest of them, the deep purple.
 These eyeliners are very similar in their texture to the Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Pencils, which are by far the BEST drugstore eyeliners you can find. In fact, I've sometimes found that the Milani gold eyeliner lasts longer on my waterline than the Cargo gold eyeliner.
Top: Cargo Swimmable Gold
Bottom: Milani Gold eyeliner




I usually use the gold and teal to line my waterline or my lower lashline, seeing as they stay put through whatever! I've run my hand under warm water and soap after swatching these eyeliners, and they hardly fade.

 I would use the blue and purple as bases, rather than as eyeliners on their own. They would make great base colors for eyeshadows and they would intensify whatever color you chose to put on top of them.

I wasn't able to find the particular set that I bought online, but I'm positive I've seen these at both Ulta and Sephora, on their own or as part of a set. These eyeliners are definitely waterproof and smudgeproof, but are similar enough to the Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Pencils that you could get the same results from the $5 twin.

Have you tried these yet?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment