Friday, July 13, 2012

Lip du Jour: Covergirl Lipstick in Hot Passion

Hi, guys!

Today is a lip day! I'm reviewing Covergirl's Lipstick in Hot Passion. This is a gorgeous orange red lipstick that is likely to suit a lot of different complexions throughout summer and fall!


There are a lot of things to love about this lipstick. First up is the formula. This lipstick is creamy and opaque, so one swipe is enough to give you complete color coverage! It's not necessarily moisturizing, but seeing as it is a matte finish, I have seen way worse drying lipsticks on the market.


The next notable thing about this is the color. I honestly do not know what to say of it. In the tube, it's a vibrant orange red, and swatched it looks completely different. Depending on what clothes I'm wearing, it will look like an orange pink, or a neon orange red. Either way, I love this lipstick because it gives you that bright pop of color without looking showy.


There is, however, one HUGE downside to this lipstick. It's the only Covergirl lipstick I own, so I'm not sure if this is a problem with the rest of the shades, but this lipstick STAINS. I'm not talking about an initial stain that washes away after a shower. I'm talking about be prepared for this to be your lip color for at least one or two days after you take it off. Even with lipliner and lip balm under it, this lipstick left a very potent stain on my lips.


Just to give you an idea, this is how my hand looked after washing it a couple of times!

Do you love red lipsticks?
xoxo Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment