Friday, December 27, 2013

Naked 3 Palette, Swatches and Review!

Hey, guys!

It feels so good to get back to this blog, and with such exciting things to show you! Like I said in my Project Pan post, I want to shift this blog more towards the makeup tips rather than just swatches and reviews. Naked 3, however, can't just not be swatched. Landon was sweet enough to give me this for Christmas (you should've seen me open it), and I'm so excited to be doing looks with this!











First things first.


I am definitely not the first to do this kind of post, so it's very likely that y'all have already seen these pictures. I'm including a look at the end, and I'll be doing a pictorial on how to get that soft, rosy look using this palette!


Naked 3 has twelve all new, exclusive eyeshadows with a rosy undertone. The first half of the palette is noticeably pink, while the second half has more taupes, grays, and mauve browns. That gives the palette a lot more versatility, I think, than just having twelve straight up pink eyeshadows.


Strange is a matte cream, with very very slight pink undertones. If you put it next to Foxy (N2) and W.O.S. (Basics), it falls somewhere in between. It's very soft and decently pigmented. I like using this shade to highlight my browbone, but I can see it being a nice all over the lid shade for someone with fair skin.

Dust is a light baby pink glitter. There is little to no base color here, which means that unless you get a good base underneath, the color won't show up and you'll end up with glitter all over your cheeks. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk makes a good base, and something like Too Faced Glitter Glue would be even better.

Burnout is a light peach that leans towards pink, with a satin finish. I found this shade was better for creating neutral looks than for really pulling off that pink shade in the palette. It's soft and blendable.

Limit: is a matte light mauve that I absolutely LOVE for blending. Colors like this, Nooner, and Tease (from N2) are my life. This shade really works well with any of the colors in this palette, because it blends and pulls out any rosy or mauve undertones in the shade. In case you were wondering, Tease is much more brown than either Limit or Nooner.



Buzz is one of my favorites in the palette. It's a dark mauve with a burnt rose undertone, which makes it much darker and pinker than shades like Burnout or Trick. It's got amazing pigmentation and blends really well.

Trick is a bit of a wild card. If you were to pair it with the second half of the palette, it would look more like a light gold shade. If you were pairing it with the first half, it would look like a golden peach color. It's prone to developing that hard film over the shadow if it's swatched too often (you can kind of see it in the pan below), which makes it hard to really pack your brush with the color. I will usually lightly scrape off that top layer and use whatever was scrape off as my color.

Nooner is a beautiful, beautiful shade. It's a dark mauve with pink undertones, basically like Limit's darker sister. This shade is pigmented and blendable, and makes a great crease color for more neutral looks.

Liar is a hard shade to describe. Technically it's a taupe shade, and it looks so in the pan, but once you swatch it, it takes on a mauve tone. So really it is taupe, but reflects rose when the light hits it. I don't think I have anything like this shade, and it looks amazing on!



Factory is a very straightforward shade. Compared to Snakebite from N2, it's lighter and more bronze, whereas Snakebite was very dark brown shimmer shade. This isn't the type of shade I naturally gravitate towards, but paired with more rosy shades like Buzz or Burnout, it gets a little more interesting.

Mugshot is another one of those bronze-taupe shades that aren't my total cup of tea, but I can't deny turning to them when I'm in a pinch. It's a very neutral shade, and I seriously think Mugshot, Factory, and Darkside were included to give the palette more versatility. Otherwise we'd all be walking around in monochromatic pink looks (which are great, but for a palette, options are good).

Darkside is an absolutely lovely shade. It's a dark gunmetal gray with a satin finish, and it's fantastic for darkening up the crease of a lavender or pink look. I used this the other day to blend out a very dark look (tutorial to come), and it worked wonderfully!

Blackheart is my savior. I was so worried that UD would just add Blackout to this palette, but the matte black base with red shimmer of this shade is such a welcome relief. This shade makes a great subtle liner, but I like to use it packed on top of black liner for an intense smoky eye.



Swatches!!
Left to right: Strange, Dust, Burnout, Limit, Buzz, Trick, Nooner


Left to right: Buzz, Trick, Nooner, Liar, Factory, Mugshot, Darkside, Blackheart

Here's a look I'm working on posting :) One of many, I might add. I have a step by step tutorial coming soon!




xoxo
Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment