Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Lip du Jour! MAC Red Lipstick!


Hey, everyone!

I know I haven't been posting in a while, and that's because school is back on! What better way to get back in the swing of classes than with a statement lip color? Today’s lip shade is “MAC Red” lipstick from MAC (noo… really??) and it is the perfect shade of red for summer! I have previously reviewed Covergirl’s “Hot Passion” lipstick, and MAC Red is the perfect sister shade to that lip color.




MAC Red is a blue-toned red with a satin finish. I find that some of MAC’s satin lipsticks can be a bit drying, but MAC Red is not one of them! This lipstick wears extremely well on me, and has the added benefit of coming off completely.


The reason I say this shade is a sister shade to Covergirl's Hot Passion is that it is  ablue-based red, whereas Hot Passion is very distinctly red-orange.
If you’ve read my review of Covergirl’s Hot Passion lipstick, you’ll know it’s not a lip product that gets a lot of use from me. Mainly because it stains my lips for up to three days! MAC Red delivers the same vibrancy of color without the staining that Hot Passion has.

What's your favorite red lipstick?
xoxo Fanii

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic color! A must-buy!

    http://haruhiism00.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! Followed! It would mean so much if you followed me! Please!

    my blog is http://skyler-swenson.blogspot.com/

    Thanks! Have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete