Sunday, December 25, 2011

NAKED2 Palette Swatches and Review!

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, and I have a couple of treats for you all! The first is an in-depth review of Urban Decay's new NAKED2 Palette. This palette was released roughly a month ago, and I ordered it as soon as the second batch (the first sold out within two hours) went on sale. I had it sent to my parents' house and I set a challenge for the Christmas break: I would only use the NAKED2 palette for an entire month, nothing else, (except two eyeshadows from MAC) to see whether or not this palette lives up to the hype.




As I mentioned in my previous posts, I like this packaging much more than the original NAKED palette. The original palette had a velvet case with a magnetic closure, which (from what I saw in other palettes) was prone to fading, staining, and it wasn't very suited for travel. This new case has latches and is made of tin-like plastic, and includes a mirror the size of the palette itself. 


Now, I don't need to tell any of you that the NAKED2 palette comes with 12 eyeshadows, 5 of which are new releases (Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Pistol, Busted) Verve is technically new, since it is not available in a single pan and only appears in one other palette.



This palette is much cooler than the original NAKED palette, and in my opinion, has a lot more variety than its predecessor. This palette is the only thing I've been using to do my makeup since the beginning of December, and I have yet to get bored with it. I can always come up with something new with this palette, and although roughly half of the shadows are warm and half are cool, they work very well with each other.


I have to say that my favorite eyeshadows of this palette are Chopper and YDK. Chopper is the only eyeshadow that has given me trouble with fallout, but it is NOT enough to get me to leave it. It is a gorgeous rose gold with glitter in it, and I absolutely love it. It looks great with Tease and Busted in the crease, and all I have to do to make it a really smoky eye is add a little bit of Blackout in the outer corner.



Foxy is my new favorite browbone highlight, and Verve is my new favorite inner corner highlight. They both brighten up the eye wonderfully, and they are very easy to blend.

Left to right: Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect

Left to right: Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, YDK, Busted, Blackout

Pistol and Verve, because I forgot to swatch them :)
I think it's safe to say that I absolutely LOVE this palette, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is even remotely interested in it. The color payoff is wonderful in all of these, and they are all perfect for blending. 

Have you gotten NAKED2? 

xoxo Fani

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, would you be interested in joining me on a new beauty bloggers community review panel?! http://24hourprettypeople.blogspot.com/2012/01/makeup-your-mind.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have been wanting the naked pallet for ages! i am saving up at the minute though:p

    www.missbeautylicious101.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete