Thursday, May 22, 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic Haul and Review!

Hey, guys!

I'm back with more! So my MAC counter just released the Alluring Aquatic collection this morning, and you can bet I was there within the hour. Whether or not you can believe it, some of the stuff I wanted was sold out before I even walked into the store. I know. Whatever. 

I could go into a rant about people that go to MAC and buy out limited edition products only to sell them at a ridiculously inflated price later on, but I won't. You're mean and I hate you.


I only ended up getting a few things from this collection, and I got some of the last of these products. I'm pretty sure I got the last brush of this kind as well as the last eyeshadow in this shade. I got Seduced At Sea Extra Dimension Blush, Legendary Lure Extra Dimension Eyeshadow, and the MAC 233 brush.



Seduced at Sea is a really interesting color. It looks plummy in the compact, but it swatches as a pink beige with golden shimmer. It's really very pretty and will go with nearly anything. The formula is something that I had not experienced before. It feels dry and sheer, but the pigmentation is there. You will get medium color payoff from this blush, which I like a little better. It means you can't easily go overboard.


Plus, it comes in the best packaging I've seen MAC put out in a long time. Yes, the water droplets are raised!

Ooh! Aah!


Legendary Lure is a gunmetal grey with silver microglitter throughout that swatches and blends beautifully. I had very minimal fallout with this, which I was not expecting. This eyeshadow is super soft and it does not kick up a ton of product when your brush goes in it (a huge plus!)







The brush I got is a split fibre brush, meaning one side is made of natural bristles while the other side is made up of synthetic bristles. I have the bigger version of this, the 128, which came out with the Punk Couture collection. These types of brushes are great for blending out creams, but I noticed that the 233 worked amazingly well with the Extra Dimension eyeshadow formula. It packs on as well as blends out color.


Synthetic side

Natural side

Here are the swatches! Do you see what I mean about the blush? It swatches completely different than it looks, but I really really love it. It's such a nice color! The eyeshadow is just beautiful on, too. It gives a very soft sparkle to the eye, which I think is super elegant.



 What do you guys think? Did you pick up anything from this collection?

xoxo Fanii



No comments:

Post a Comment