Wednesday, April 9, 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine #19: Fuchsia in Rage!

Let me just start by saying this: yes, they are. 

Anything you've ever heard about the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine formula is absolutely true. That it was handcrafted by angels. That they feel like melting butter on baby skin on silk. That the color is so pretty you can hear Elton John singing in your ear when you apply it.

It's. All. True.


So during Sephora's VIB sale last year I decided to bite the bullet and get something that I had wanted for a very long time: a YSL lipstick. I have one of the YSL Glossy Stains, and it is currently on reserve because it's basically my holy grail red pink. I had seen this particular color in Lisa Eldridge's famous video (which I'm sure has inspired thousands of women to purchase this shade), and could not get it out of my head. So when I had the opportunity to get this shade for 20% off, I just couldn't say no.


So the famous shade is No. 19 "Fuchsia in Rage". It's a beautiful purple fuchsia with shimmer that you can see in the bullet but doesn't translate onto the lips. It's definitely cool toned and bright, which makes it so, so perfect for spring and summer.


Now, let's be honest. The reason women buy YSL products are split evenly between quality of the product and just how absolutely stinkin' pretty their packaging is. Who doesn't want to pull a luxe lipstick from their handbag and touch up? What's amazing about YSL products is that they perform well, feel great, look amazing, and actually look like the kind of product you would pay $35 for.


Like I said, these babies glide on like butter. No matter how dry my lips feel, this lipstick makes them look and feel really soft. The color is potent but not overwhelming, meaning you will definitely get the color you see in the bullet, but it won't have the look or feel of a heavy and opaque lip color.

What I mean by this is that the lipstick itself feels thin. You can't feel that layer of product like you can with other lipsticks, because your lips glide so smoothly over each other.


What do you guys think?
What's your favorite lipstick?

xoxo Fanii




No comments:

Post a Comment