Thursday, April 24, 2014

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette!

FINALLY.

Makeup you can eat. Well, almost.



So, by now you are all familiar with the adorable packaging in the Chocolate Bar Palette. Mine has that weird sticker on the corner that says, "I'm skinny now! New Slimmer Packaging". I never saw the old packaging, so I can't say how they compare...


Oooooooh!! Marketiiiiiiing!


And I'm sure you're also familiar with the mob complain that the names of the shades aren't printed on the palette itself. I agree it would have been a good idea, but Too Faced has done well in this department before, and I don't think this is going to be a regular thing. Their Pretty Rebel palette (which I LOVE) has the names printed on the palette, so they know, guys. They know.

Top row: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate. Middle Row: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet. Bottom Row: Hazelnut, Crème Brûlée, Haute Chocolate

 Close ups, because of reasons.

Gilded Ganache LOOKS like an olive green shade with brown in it, but when I swatched it it looked very brown with a little bit of green shimmer in it. It felt dry and a little powdery, but the color was there. 

White Chocolate is a matte, light cream color, a staple for highlighting or subtle eye looks. This also felt a little dry and powdery, but the pigmentation didn't suffer.

Milk Chocolate is a matte, neutral medium brown. To be honest, all the shades in the top row feel a bit dry and powdery, but they all (surprisingly) perform well.

Black Forest Truffle is a darkened red-brown with burgundy and golden shimmer throughout. I found that with shades like this one, Candied Violet, and Gilded Ganache, it helps to use a glitter adhesive base. They look amazing over Too Faced's Glitter Glue.

Triple Fudge is a dark, rich neutral brown. It's great to use as an eyeliner or to really darken up a smoky eye!

No primer, left to right: Gilded Ganache, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Black Forest Truffle, Triple Fudge
 Salted Caramel is a very warm orange brown with a matte finish. It's great for blending out colors into the crease. I think this is an in between shade for colors like MAC's Soft Brown, Saddle, and Rule.

Marzipan is probably my favorite. It's a buttery, rosy champagne shimmer color. It's smooth and pigmented and dreamy.

Semi-Sweet is a dark warm brown that would work well for blending darker colors or as a crease color.

Strawberry Bon Bon is a matte light pink that can be a little sheer. I have a feeling this will need a thicker base like NYX's Milk pencil or the white base.

Candied Violet is a beautiful purple color with red, gold, and purple glitter throughout. I LOVE this shade. With the right base, it looks so, so beautiful!

Amaretto is a red brown shimmer that reminds me of a redder version of MAC's Sable. Like if Cranberry and Sable had a baby, it would be called Amaretto.

No primer, left to right: Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Candied Violet, Amaretto
 Hazelnut is a warm brown shimmer with gold glitter throughout. This was a bit powdery, and kicked up quite a bit of product even when I used just my fingers.

Crème Brûlée is a dark gold color. It's quite bronzy, like a bronze version of Urban Decay's Half-Baked. It's creamy and pigmented!

Haute Chocolate is a dark brown shimmer. It's smooth and pigmented.

Cherry Cordial is the kind of burgundy shade I love in my crease. It's a very red brown with a ton of burgundy in it and some gold glitter.

Champagne Truffle is a very shimmery beige color. It's light and frosty, perfect for the inner corner.


What do you guys think? I already have a couple of tutorials in the works for you all! Anything in particular you want to see?

xoxo Fanii

No comments:

Post a Comment