Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review and Swatches: Butter London Colour Wink Mascara in Indigo Ink!

Hey guys!

Today I'm reviewing the Butter London Colour Wink Mascara in Indigo Ink. It's no secret that good, pigmented colored mascaras are hard to find, so I wasn't expecting much out of this one. Much to my surprise (and Landon's Dismay, I'll explain later), all of the mascaras in this range were pigmented and smooth, even on dark hair!


Now I'll explain. We all know that mascaras at places like Ulta and other counters come with disposable wands to ensure a "sanitary" application. I get extremely grossed out by this, so there was no way I'd be putting a dirty mascara near my eye. Soooo.... I took a tester mascara wand, dipped it in the mascara, and tried it out on.... Landon's arm.


I know, I know. How'd he let me? I don't know. But he did, and I was impressed. Both with his resilience and the quality of this mascara.


The mascara brush is standard enough, though I will admit that my brush seems to be significantly smaller than the one on display, but I don't mind. it doesn't clump up and it separates my lashes nicely.


This mascara is water resistant, so it will survive light dips in the pool or an unexpected encounter with rain. 

Whoo! Bare lashes!

ooh... aaahhh....

One coat.
Ok. So obviously one coat isn't going to get you tons of pigment, but I found that the color is much more intense when you close your eyes.


Here's two coats:



My personal favorite, three coats!



Wham BAM. I love this mascara! It's just what I was looking for in a purple lash look. I know. I'm kind of insane.

xoxo Fanii




1 comment:

  1. Wow that has to be one of the better pigmented colored mascaras I've seen!

    ReplyDelete