Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wet 'N' Wild Knock On Wood Eyeshadow Trio: Swatches and Review!

Hey, everyone! 

Today's post is on one of the most affordable brands at the drugstore. Wet 'N' Wild has always had a bit of a reputation for being low quality, "tacky" makeup, but in the past year and a half, they've really vamped up their image. Their blushes and eyeshadows are amongst the best and cheapest in the drugstore, which makes them amazing for beauty junkies on a budget.
This trio is called "Knock On Wood," and features a light satin pink, a medium shimmery brown, and a  deep, red burgundy.


Once again, companies feel the need to incorrectly label their eyeshadows. I don't know about you, but I would never wear a dark burgundy all over my lid (unless it were Halloween!).
The first shade is a soft mauve pink with a satin finish. Once applied, it tends to look almost matte, but the shimmer is there.
The "crease" shade is a really soft, buttery medium brown with loads of shimmer in it. It's a bit too shimmery to be a daytime crease color, but I can definitely see this working for evening looks!
The last shade is a deep burgundy that leans towards a dark red. I love using this on the crease with a lighter, skin-toned shade on the lid.


All three of these shades are extremely pigmented, soft, and blendable. This trio retails for around $3, which is amazing for eyeshadows of this quality! I'm definitely going to be trying more of these trios!

Have you tried any Wet 'N' Wild eyeshadows?
xoxo Fanii

2 comments:

  1. I just bought 3 of their trios. Knock on Wood being one of them. I LOVE them.

    I agree with you when it comes to their "labeling" I use the browbone as the lid, the crease as the crease and under eye and the lid as a way to blend the crease.

    I would recommend purchasing Silent Treatment if you like more "natural" looking colors. It's got a pretty light coral pink, a brown and a gray taupe color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love these as well :) I'll definitely try Silent Treatment!

      Delete