Monday, March 17, 2014

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette: Swatches and Review!

Ok.

I don't think I've ever bought a product with as mixed reviews as the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette. Seriously. Google this baby and you'll get a ton of people who swear by it and just as many who absolutely hate it. This past week, I had a birthday to celebrate and a paycheck to spend, so I stepped into a Sephora and decided to take one for the team and try this out.


As I'm sure most of you know by now, the Full Exposure Palette features 14 eyeshadows, 7 matte and 7 shimmer shades. To be honest with you, only the middle shade on the top row is a shimmer shade. The rest are closer to glitter shadows, like the MAC Pressed Pigments or the Urban Decay Moondust shadows.


The palette is also divided into warm and cool. The warms are on the left, and the cools are on the right, with a shimmery and matte highlight color in the middle to divide them.


Not gonna lie. These are glittery shades, which means they need a little more TLC than other shades. I use them with Too Faced's Glitter Glue and that takes care of all the fallout! This doesn't mean they are bad shades by any means, just that you need to apply them the same way you would any other shade.


Swatches!




What do you guys think? Would you be interested in seeing different looks with this palette?
xoxo Fanii

2 comments:

  1. I'd definitely like to see some looks you create with this palette. I struggle with incorporating glitter shadows into my looks so it would be helpful to see how others do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done :) I think I'll do both a video and a pictorial on two different looks, because it really is very simple when you use a glitter adhesive and the neutral colors in this palette! :) Thanks for stopping by, Lauren!

      Delete